Hilton Ocean City Review
The Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront Suites in Ocean City, MD is an older all-suite, beachfront hotel that is a 10 minute walk to the start of the boardwalk on 26th Street. It features the comforts of home but on the beach with restaurants and pools. The suite rooms have a well equipped kitchen, living room, and spacious balcony with a table for enjoying your meals next to the ocean. Conveniently located, the Hilton Ocean City Suite hotel is a short walk to restaurants and a mini mart for groceries. The hotel also has a restaurant, 32 Palm, a Caribbean and Yucatarian restaurant which serves, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hilton Gold and Diamond Honors members receive a credit for breakfast, so it is mostly free for two people. Rumba is the indoor bar with light snacks. Starbucks is open in the morning.
Manana Mode is the poolside bar and restaurant with salads, burgers, and sandwiches – crab cake, grilled chicken, shrimp salad, mahi. The burger was 1/2 pound, but I was able to order off the kid’s menu for a smaller size burger and spiced fries were included. Homemade chips are included with the sandwiches, but they were over-spiced one day. $3 extra for the spiced fries which are as seasoned but not spicy.
Suites feature a direct ocean view from the spacious balconies. The two outside pools and indoor pool provide options. Lots of pool chairs, but they can get full during high occupancy.
Location, Phone, Website
Address: 3200 North Baltimore, Ocean City, MD
Phone: (410) 289-6444
Hilton Ocean City Oceanfront Suites Website
Check-in: 4:00 pm and Check-out: 11:00 am
Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars
- Room: 4.9 – Room was a older with a rusty screen door that my husband had to fix to keep it on its track. Room looked clean. No desk, but the round eating table works fine. Room is like a mini-apartment with a big balcony with plenty of shade and protection from the rain. Hear the ocean waves at night with your door open.
- Amenities: 5.0 – Excellent. Two outdoor pools with a swim up bar and the other a kid’s pool with two slides. Lots of umbrellas for the lounge chairs. Bar with food service, Manana Mode, by the pool. Inside heated pool (5 am – 12 am). Fitness room (24 hours). Laundry rooms across from rooms ending in 02 & 03. Free detergent from the front desk.
- Food: 4.9 – Rating based on breakfast and lunch. We got carry-out (10 – 20 minute wait) for the Acai sorbet with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, oats, coconut and the Chipped Beef on biscuits that came with potatoes and peppers. The General’s Kitchen Chipped Beef had more flavor and is better but this was free and convenient – just go to the lobby restaurant and pick it up. I wish 32 Palms had outside dining. Lunch portions were a good size at the pool-side restaurant.
- Service: 4.9 – Contactless check-in. You will be notified via your phone and can select a room then use your phone’s Hilton Honors app to unlock the door. To get a room key, you will need to go to the Front desk plus you need to pick up a welcome packet with your parking pass. Restaurant hostess was super busy but pleasant.
- Price: $$$ – $$$$ (depending on season and weekday vs weekend)
- Value for the Money – 5.0 – Great location with three pools, ability to walk to the Boardwalk, on-premise restaurants and bars, restaurants nearby, the sound of the ocean through your sliding door with a screen. Full kitchen is handy. Bathroom is spacious and the double basin sink is a plus.
Hilton Suite Ocean City Rooms
The suites feature three rooms, bathroom, and balcony:
- Living room – TV, table with four chairs, couch, chair, footstool, tables.
- Kitchen – Full size refrigerator/freezer, four burner stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, can opener, wine opener, colander, pans, measuring cups, Cuisinart hotel coffee maker (not full-size), cutting board, dishes and glasses for 6 people. Dish cloth, towel, dish soap and dishwasher detergent (2). Additional kitchen trash bags inside the trashcan.
- Bathroom – corner whirlpool tub, double vanity sink, hairdryer, light up magnifying mirror, Crabtree and Evelyn bath products (shampoo, conditioner, bath gel and lotion)
- Bedroom – safe, chair, beds, dressers. Lights have electrical plugs for charging.
- Balcony – table and four comfortable chairs (not reclining), no lounge chairs.
The Corner Suite offers a desk in addition to the eating table.
Hilton Ocean City Amenities
- Free Wi-Fi in the room and lobby
- Parking is free with one permit parking for a car.
- 24 hour fitness center with cardiovascular machines and free weights
- Indoor, heated Pool – 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Outdoor pools – 9:00 am – 9:00 pm. – Closes mid-October for the Winter.
- Indoor video game area
What We Did Not Like
- There is no outdoor restaurant for breakfast or dinner unless you bring it back to your room to eat on your balcony. Manana Mode, the pool bar and restaurant opened before Memorial Day but a few days after we arrived. There are a lot of excellent restaurants nearby though.
- Even though you can open your hotel room and bypass the front desk for check-in, you still need to go to get your Welcome packet for your parking pass or get a key for the door, so other people staying with you can open the hotel room door without your phone app.
Tips for a Good Stay at the Hilton Ocean City
- For driving, you cannot enter on 33th Street since it is one way. You will need to turn left on 30th street then left onto Baltimore Ave and go down two blocks. It will be on your right before the Doubletree hotel.
- Parking is in front, the sides, and in the garage behind the hotel.
- We had room 1207 which is the highest floor, 12th floor. It gave a great view of the beach and the seagulls that came flying by. The elevator was fast.
- The weekend before Memorial Day, the outside pools were closed for maintenance and the steps to the beach were being re-painted. The outside pool and area and bar opened Wednesday, May 26.
- Call 32 Palms to order your breakfast, then go down to pick it up unless you prefer room service or eating at the indoor restaurant.
- Real Raw Organics (Breakfast, Lunch) – 0.2 miles or 3 minute walk the right of the hotel. Papa John, ice cream, and several restaurants to the right
- Across the street, Mini Mart, McDonalds, Burger King.
- General’s Kitchen (Breakfast, Lunch) – 2 miles
- Longboard Cafe – 2 miles
- The Hobbit – 3 miles
- Sunset Grille Restaurant – 4.1 miles
- All guest must wear masks in indoor spaces
- Staff required to wear masks in public areas but not outside.
- No maid service due to COVID-19 restrictions unless requested.