Seacrets Bar, Restaurant, and Distillery Review
For years, I have heard about the amazing Seacrets Ocean City that allow you to hang out in the water and drink. Located walking distance from the Aloft hotel, this popular bar, restaurant and distillery is located on the bay-side. The outside restaurant and bar features great views of the bay. The bar has tables and chairs in the bay water (you will get wet) as well as traditional tables and chairs.
The restaurant and bar have a Caribbean theme with a beach sand floor, man-made rocks, and tropical plants. If you are looking for a unique, fun place to have a lot of interesting drinks made from their own distillery made vodka, rum, gin, and whiskey, then this would be for you. There is live music Thursday – Saturdays. It is closed Monday – Wednesday.
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
- Atmosphere: 4.5 – open air, tables in the bay, beach theme
- Food: 3.0 – Fine but nothing I would go out of my way for
- Service: 3.0 – The server disappeared and did not check back on us after serving the food even though it was not busy.
- Price: $$$ – entrees $25 – $35 range
- Value for the Money – 3.5 – Unique atmosphere and drinks made from their local distillery spirits
No reservations and all seating is first come, first serve. You can find the outdoor hostess stand in the front of the building to add your name to the list.
Location, Phone Number, Website
Address: 117 49th Street, Ocean City, MD
Hours of Operation:
Thursday: 4:00 pm – 12:00 am
Friday – Saturday: 11:00 am – 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:00 am – 12:00 am
Monday – Wednesday: Closed
Menu and Experience
In addition to signature cocktails, the menu offers a variety of food from soups, salads, appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, and dessert. The vegetarian options are very limited to a plain salad, pizza, nachos, dessert.
We got the Jerk Chicken appetizer which was seven tenderloin pieces marinated for 48 hours. It was not spicy as I would have expected, but it was good. I got the Fish Tacos which were big but would have been better if they were hot versus cold and soggy. The waitress never came until well after we finished our dinner, so I couldn’t ask for a hotter meal. My husband got the Baby Back Ribs which he liked. Overall, the food had a mass produced, chain restaurant quality, and I was not eager to return and would not make a special stop for the food. Although if we came back, KI would get the ribs.
If you are looking for a place with fun beachy vibe for drinks and music that also offers food or a place that is open late, it would be a great place to come. If you are looking for a fantastic dining experience, not so much.
Drinks and food are available for carry-out.
Parking and Accessibility Information
There is free self-parking and no valet parking. Accessible parking spaces, walkways, seating, and restrooms are available. Wheelchairs available upon request. It is quite a little walk from the outside hostess stand through the walkways and to the restaurant.
- Masks are required for guests as you enter/exit and inside except when you are seated at your table.
- Staff wears masks and gets temperature checks.
- A maximum of six people may be seated together.
- From an open fresh air dining aspect, it was good, since we sat outside at an outside table next to the water.
- The bar area behind the dining area while still outside would have more restricted air flow when crowded.
- If you could get a table out in the water, that would be the way to go.
Seacrets Ocean City Distillery Tour
The 12,000 square foot distillery is located next to Seacrets’ Morley Hall Nite Club. It features over $1 million in antique lighting, doors, windows and antiques from 1933. Officially opened in 2016, Seacrets Distillery Company has received numerous awards including Maryland Rum Distillery of the Year. They create flavored rums, vodkas, whiskey, and gins. At the end of the tour, guests are allowed to sample three spirits of their choice.
Cost is $15 per person and all tour guests must be 21 years or older and have a valid ID. No minors allowed. Tours depart every hour but are subject to change without notice. There is a maximum of 10 people per tour and advance reservations are a good idea. Face masks are required. Click for more information and to book a tour.